First of all you must familiarize with RSS. If you think the text is too long, just read word the one that been enlarge.
RSS (most commonly expanded as Really Simple Syndication) is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.
An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship. Web feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place. RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, or mobile-device-based.
A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. The user subscribes to a feed by entering into the reader the feed's URI or by clicking an RSS icon in a web browser that initiates the subscription process.
The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds. RSS allows users to avoid manually inspecting all of the websites they are interested in, and instead subscribe to websites such that all new content is pushed onto their browsers when it becomes available.
Second, read this post too; (Source: d2z's Blog)
Next we will learn about Snackr. I have been using Snackr for about more than a week and it quite convenient to me, because it easy to use and really help to update new things, as I very lazy to open it through the web explorer.
Ok this is my desktop view (Please do ignore all the icon as everyone who see it keep telling me to tidy it up). You can see the Snackr is on the right site. If you click and enlarge it, you can see, there are list of my RSS feed. That is why I said it is really convinient because it will always updated me with the latest info. And the best part is, all of that RSS feed will keep scrolling and you can click any post that you want to read. I subscribed all the news, Berita Harian, Utusan, Kosmo and many others to keep me update. Oh yeah !!
So do you want to try install it? Go to http://snackr.net/;
You just need to download Adobe Air (If you already installed an Adobe software, CS3 and above, the Adobe Air is automaticly installed in your PC) and then download the Snackr installer (both are available at that address).
So next how do you get your RSS feed address;
1. First choose your favourite site or blog. In this case I choose Oh Bulan! Click it.
2. Then the web explorer will view Oh Bulan!. Notice the RSS symbol (red circle). Most of the site now have the RSS feed, so you can easily find it. If you are using Mozilla Firefox (I am not sure for Google Chrome) you can see the RSS feed icon is available at the end of the address bar (the first red circle). If you fail to find RSS feed icon in the web (second red circle) or you lazy enough to find it, you can simply click at the RSS feed icon at the address bar.
3. Then, it will direct you to new site, which RSS feed for the site. Copy the URL link (red circle)
4. Then go to your Snackr and click at the left most button, to add feed address.
5. Then copy paste your link there and voila, you just add one your favourite link to your Snackr list.